Monday 13 September 2021

WIN LOSE

 "I really think a champion is defined not by their wins but by how they can recover when they fall."


-- Serena Williams

###############



#########################
I have a brother who has special needs. His mental disability causes him inner turmoil and distress. He has regular uncontrollable outbursts that are similar to having a fit. At any moment, he can have an outburst which involves extreme anger, loud shouting and screaming. He does not have control over this.

Buddhist teachings say that suffering is caused by attachment.

My suffering is caused from my attachment/craving to wanting to help my brother. I don't want to see him go through the anguish and sadness. My empathy is causing attachment.

How do I practice non-attachment in this situation?

How do I let go of the need/desire/craving to want to help my brother. He is vulnerable and is unable to help himself.

Is he experiencing an inner hell realm in this rebirth? Am I here to learn from this experience and help him through his life on earth?



#######################

Our intention is to affirm this life, not to bring order out of chaos, nor to suggest improvements in creation, but simply towake up the very life we're living, which is soexcellent once one gets one's mind and desiresout of its way and lets it act of its own accord. ~ John Cage


#######################


No comments:

Post a Comment