Tuesday, 15 September 2026

MANA NASHA

 A

“Mana Nasha” is one of the most powerful and misunderstood phrases in Advaita circles, especially as used by Ramesh Balsekar

Below are the deep‑dive points that unpack the full significance of Mana Nasha in the context of non‑doership, ego dissolution, and spontaneous living.

🌿 Deep Dive: Mana Nasha (Mind‑Dissolution)

1. Mana Nasha ≠ Destroying the Mind

Contrary to popular misunderstanding, Mana Nasha does not mean:

  • Killing the mind

  • Stopping thoughts

  • Becoming blank

  • Becoming passive

Ramesh is very clear: The mind is a functional instrument. It cannot and should not be destroyed.

Deep point: Mana Nasha means dissolving the false ownership of the mind, not the mind itself.

2. Mana Nasha = Dissolution of the Ego‑Doer

The “mind” that dissolves is the ego‑mind, the one that says:

  • “I am doing.”

  • “I am choosing.”

  • “I am controlling.”

  • “I am responsible.”

  • “I must achieve.”

This is the thinking mind Gautam Sachdeva describes.

Deep point: When the ego‑doer dissolves, the mind becomes a clear instrument of life’s functioning.

3. Mana Nasha Happens When Doership Drops

Ramesh’s core teaching:

“Events happen, deeds are done, but there is no individual doer.”

When this is deeply seen:

  • The ego loses its central position

  • The sense of personal authorship collapses

  • The mind becomes quiet without effort

  • Thoughts arise but do not bind

Deep point: Mana Nasha is the natural consequence of realizing non‑doership.

4. Mana Nasha Is Not a Practice

You cannot “do” Mana Nasha.

If you try:

  • “I must dissolve my mind”

  • “I must stop thoughts”

  • “I must be egoless”

This is still the ego trying to achieve ego‑lessness.

Deep point: Mana Nasha happens spontaneously when the ego stops claiming ownership.

5. Mana Nasha Is the End of Psychological Suffering

When the ego dissolves:

  • Thoughts lose emotional charge

  • Judgments fade

  • Resistance drops

  • Fear reduces

  • Anxiety softens

  • The mind becomes spacious

This is not suppression—it is absence of identification.

Deep point: Suffering requires a “me” to suffer. Mana Nasha dissolves that “me.”

6. Mana Nasha Allows the Working Mind to Shine

With ego gone:

  • The working mind becomes sharp

  • Action becomes efficient

  • Creativity flows

  • Decisions become clear

  • Life feels lighter

This is the same principle behind:

“Nitzensky dances best when Nitzensky is not there.”

Deep point: The mind functions best when the ego does not interfere.

7. Mana Nasha Is the Natural State of the Witness

When the ego dissolves:

  • The witness emerges

  • Thoughts are seen, not owned

  • Emotions are felt, not resisted

  • Life unfolds without friction

This is the witness state Gautam Sachdeva describes.

Deep point: Mana Nasha is simply the mind functioning under the witness, not the ego.

8. Mana Nasha Is Not Permanent Blankness

Ramesh emphasizes:

  • Thoughts will continue

  • Emotions will arise

  • Life will present challenges

But the identification with thoughts dissolves.

Deep point: Mana Nasha is freedom within the mind, not freedom from the mind.

9. Mana Nasha Is the End of Psychological Ownership

The mind continues to function, but:

  • “My thoughts” → “Thoughts happening”

  • “My actions” → “Actions happening”

  • “My decisions” → “Decisions happening”

This is the heart of Advaita.

Deep point: Ownership dissolves, functioning remains.

10. Mana Nasha = Living Without Inner Resistance

When the ego dissolves:

  • Life flows

  • Action is spontaneous

  • Peace deepens

  • Equanimity stabilizes

  • The divine blueprint unfolds effortlessly

This is exactly what Gautam Sachdeva calls relaxing into your divine blueprint.

Deep point: Mana Nasha is the mind aligned with the natural flow of life.

🌟 If you want to go deeper

I can expand on:

  • How Mana Nasha relates to non‑doership

  • Mana Nasha vs. thought suppression

  • How Mana Nasha appears in daily life

Choose one and I’ll take you further.

No comments:

Post a Comment