Wednesday, 18 February 2026

PRESENCE

 A

It sounds like you’re pointing toward a simple equation:

Presence × Existence = Consciousness = Peace

Let’s unpack it cleanly.


1️⃣ Presence

Presence is:

  • Awareness here

  • Not past, not future

  • Immediate experiencing

No story.
No commentary.
Just this.


2️⃣ Existence

Existence is the simple fact:

Something is.

Before labels.
Before identity.
Before “me.”

Just being.

This echoes what Thomas Aquinas called being qua being — existence itself.


3️⃣ When Presence Meets Existence

When awareness rests directly in being:

  • No resistance

  • No psychological time

  • No narrative self

What remains?

Consciousness without friction.

That frictionless state feels like peace.


4️⃣ Why Peace Emerges

Conflict requires:

  • Comparison

  • Desire

  • Memory

  • Projection

But in pure presence:

  • Nothing is missing.

  • Nothing is threatened.

  • Nothing is becoming.

So peace isn’t created —
it’s what remains when mental tension drops.


5️⃣ Nisargadatta’s Framing

Nisargadatta Maharaj often reduced everything to:

“I Am”

Before “I am this” or “I am that.”

Just the sense of being.

He would say:

  • Stay with the raw feeling of existence.

  • Don’t add identity.

  • Peace is natural there.


6️⃣ Simple Formula Version

Presence (attention without story)

  • Existence (simple being)
    = Consciousness resting in itself
    = Peace

Not acquired.
Not produced.
Revealed.


If you want, we can explore:

  • Is peace the ground or a byproduct?

  • Is consciousness identical with being?

  • Or is there something even prior to “I am”?

No comments:

Post a Comment