Wednesday 28 July 2021

BCSI CRSS

 

HKHKKKHH   HRHRRRHH


##############

"This is the precept by which I have lived: Prepare for the worst; expect the best; and take what comes."ARENDT 


#############





###################



##################

 
I have been well-aware of the trauma I have suffered at different times in my life and the impact that it has had on me.  The creation of fear, feeing there's something wrong with me, insecurity, feeling that I'm not worthy of love or that love is conditional.  Those are certainly core emotions/perspectives that have fed my samsara and which, through the grace of my Buddhist practice, I have been able to free myself from over the course of many years.

But as a reader of my blog will know, there are still moments, all too regularly, when my mind sneaks up on me, causes me to act in ways not in my best interest, causing me and those dearest to me suffering.     Sitting recently with this fact of my life, after someone brought weakness to my attention the night before, I realized with some amazement that I have never used the word "weak" or "weakness" to describe any feelings of mine or the the results, the impact of my trauma.

That word was taboo to me.   I could face all other maladies but that.   Why?  Because it was totally against my self-image.   I had built a self-image of being strong.   And professionally, in my relationship with my work life, I was indeed strong because I was certain of the quality and power of my mental ability.

This reality of my professional life was carried over and was a façade for my personal life.   I knew I had problems stemming from my childhood.   I knew I was insecure, etc. , but I was not weak.

And because I did not identify this affliction, this emotion, all the work that I have done did not heal it, did not free myself from its control.   I have written often that one must identify and name the emotion or action that one has the intent of being free of.   Global intents don't work.

So now I have named the emotion, "feeling weak. "  And I have found in my meditation that so many things about my daily actions relating to others have become clear to me.   I have stopped lying to myself and to them about what I was feeling when I did what I did.

There is strength and power in just naming and recognizing the force operating against your best interests.    But the real key is when you replace that force with a positive force, in this case "strength."

Recognizing the strength of my true Buddha nature, my true self, my heart has been part of my mantra for decades, but it was never something I focused on; it was just stated.   Now, however, I have focused on that strength and the light and faith that it is based on.   My strength comes from being sustained by the love of my Buddha nature, my divine essence, within me.

I am aware now in my meditation, that it is only my strength that gives me the ability to be present, to not engage the mind's endless "what ifs."  And when I am not in touch with my strength, when my feeling of weakness is in control, I am lost to all my spiritual intents and act towards myself and others in decidedly harmful ways.

In my daily meditation, and throughout the day, I am watering the seeds of my strength, keeping it uppermost in my mind, in my awareness.   It is the beginning of yet another new day, a new plateau in walking the spiritual path.


###################

When you are conscious of your rights,  and won't let that go, you have ego

When you are conscious of your duties and won't shy away, you have high self esteem

#########################

Renounce the Thought of Seeing Samsara as a Beautiful Park

Rinpoche begins this teaching by reminding us that the perfect human rebirth doesn’t last long. This body is like a machine—breathing in and out—and can stop at any time. Why does the body keep working? Karma. How long the breath lasts is also due to karma. It can stop at any time, we have to remember this. Some students have even died while using the bathroom. It can happen at any time, and when you don’t expect it, so while you are still breathing, make your life most beneficial for others by doing everything with bodhichitta


The two basic practices in your life should be the two bodhichittas: absolute bodhichitta and conventional bodhichitta. Bodhichitta is the two wishes; one is the wish to benefit sentient beings, and one is the wish to achieve enlightenment. The real purpose of life is to benefit numberless sentient beings, to free them from suffering and bring them to enlightenment by yourself. Therefore, you need to achieve enlightenment. This is the motivation for listening to the teachings.


In Buddhism, bodhicitta, "enlightenment-mind", is the mind that strives toward awakening, empathy, and compassion for the benefit of all sentient beings


####################


b It is so important to know that samsaric pleasures are actually the suffering of change. Most students meditate on the suffering of pain, but they don’t meditate on how samsaric pleasures are in the nature of suffering, or on pervasive compounding suffering. This third type of suffering, the pervasive compounding suffering, is the most important to meditate on; it is the suffering of samsara. When you are free of this type of suffering, you become free from the other two sufferings, the suffering of pain and the suffering of change.

Please bless me to generate a strong wish to be liberated
From the endless and terrifying great ocean of samsara.

Having renounced the thought seeing samsara,
Which is difficult to bear like being in prison, as a beautiful park,

If there were no negative imprints left on the mental continuum by ignorance, there would be no projection of a real I. Rinpoche explains how the thought focuses on the aggregates—form, feeling, cognition, compositional factors, and consciousness—and that is the phenomenon or base that is merely labeled “I.” When that happens, it is extremely fine, so subtle, Rinpoche emphasizes. It is not that the I doesn’t exist. The I exists, but it is like it doesn’t exist. The negative imprints left by ignorance on the continuation of our consciousness decorate the I that just now was merely imputed, projecting true existence, existing from its own side. So we think, “This is real. This is true!” Believing, holding onto that—that is ignorance. As you are creating ignorance, you are creating the root of samsara, the root of all suffering. This is from ignorance holding the I as truly existent.


our hallucinated mind also makes up pleasure. If you check up on samsaric pleasure, you can see it is the basis of all suffering. Your mind labels it as pleasure. In reality, it is a hallucination, made up by the mind according to the different things an individual wants. Traveling, drugs, sex, going into the mountains—these various things are labeled pleasure according to the individual, but in reality there is nothing there at all. You have to recognize the hallucination as a hallucination. If you don’t look at the dream as a dream, you believe it is real. Then all of the problems of anger, ignorance, and attachment, all the delusions, arise.




########################

A PURUSH X PRAKRITI X 3 GUNAS 

#######################

Vedas are the oldest scriptures of Vedic Hinduism. They were composed orally and passed for generations until they were written down.

The oldest of the Vedas- the Rigveda - a collection of hymns on Indo European gods was composed by Indo-Aryans around 1500 BCE to 1200 BCE

The mythology sung in Vedas has roots in the Proto Indo European mythology.

How did Vedas come to the world ?

The Indo Europeans worshipped forces of nature such as Sun, fire, water and wind.

So they began composing songs in praise of those gods representing the forces of nature.

These hymns were orally passed on to their descendants. Thats how they came to the world.

Rigveda of Aryans,Perun Vedas of the Slavs, the Lithuanian Dainas and the Celtic hymns all sang praise of Indo European gods.

Some of the Indo European deities they sang to :

Divine Father :Vedic: Dyaus Pitr, Greek: Zeus pater

Illyrian : Dei-pátrous, Roman : Jupiter (Djous patēr), Scythian :Papaios for Zeus, Palaic: Tiyas papaz

Credit : Starkey comics

Divine Twins :

Vedic : Divó nápātā (the Asvins) , Lithuanian: Dievo sūneliai (the Asveiniai) Latvian : the Dieva dēli, Greek : the Diós-kouroi (Castor and Pollux)Celtic : the "Dioskouroi”

Thunder god :

Indra (Vedic), Indra (Avestan), Thor (Germanic ) Tarḫunna( Hittite), Taranis( Celtic), Perun( Slavic), Perkunas ( Baltic )

Goddess of Dawn :

Uṣas (Vedic), Eos (Greek), Aurora (Roman), Aushrine (Baltic), Auseklis (Latvian)

God of Rain :

Varuṇa (Vedic), Odinn/Wodan (Germanic), Ouranous (Greek)

God of thunder and rain :

Parjanya (Vedic), Perkunas (Baltic), Perunu (Slavic), Fjorgyn (Germanic).


Indo European Oral Tradition :

All Indo Europeans had Oral tradition of singing hymns to their gods, so apart from the Vedic Aryans who migrated to Indian subcontinent, other Indo Europeans also composed their own Vedas.

Celtic Druids :

The Celtic people were Indo Europeans who were spread throughout Europe.

Celtic priests were called druids, meaning “knowers of the tree, or truth.” They memorized the entire knowledge of the Celts and passed it on orally, forbidding written transmission.

They were divided into several classes: seers, judges, royal advisors, hymn chanters, poet bards, sacrificers. They were also astronomers, healers and magicians.

  • Druids are called the Brahmins of the west.
  • Druids studied for 20 years in strict discipleship to master their oral, ritual, law, science and psychic arts.
  • Druids memorized extremely lengthy poetic sagas that communicated spiritual metaphysics and civic laws. The poetic metre was a fixed syllable line, free form, with 3-part cadence at end.
  • Druids practiced breathing, posture and meditation techniques that gave degrees of ecstacy, often accompanied by intense heat in the body.
  • Druids studied stellar motion, navigation and contemplated such abstracts as the size and nature of the universe.[1]

The Celtic God of thunder was Taranus who carried thunderbolts. God of fire is Aedh (pronounced uh-ee), meaning fire. The sun Deity is Sulios. The Celtic word for invocation is gutuater.

Vedic God of rain and thunder was Indra who carried thunderbolts. Vedic God of fire is Agni, meaning fire. The solar Being is Surya. The Sanskrit term for invocation is hotar.

The central Celtic ritual was the fire sacrifice, conducted in geometric pits with offerings of herbs, mead and flour cakes, conducted by chanting druids.

Celts believed that

“The Original teachings of the Druids emanated from the Seven Sages or Sextendiriones, the Stars of Ursa Major also called Eburoi, the Boars.

They were the mind sons of the God Dagodeuos called Uesos (Knower), Uocomarcos (Research), Sulacsus (Wisdom), Uirionos (Truth), Ueros (True), Andiatis (Superior), and Uindonos (Whitely)” [2]

In Vedic mythology : they are known as Sapta Rishi


In short : Proto Indo Europeans believed that the hymns they sing for the gods (who are personification of forces of nature), were authored by super humans or Sages or Seers who had divine revelations.



#################



###################


################



#########################



######################
"Never be ashamed! There's some who'll hold it against you, but they're not worth bothering with."

-- J.K. Rowling


####################




####################

DHARI DEVI TMPL UKHAND 




#####################
Krishna bhagwan said that we are brahman by karm and not by birth 🙏

###########################

KK JINDE


##############################

Ramacharitmanas by Tulsidas is by no means a word-to-word copy of the Valmiki Ramayana nor an abridged re-telling of the latter. Ramcharitmanas has elements from many other Ramayanas written earlier in Sanskrit and other Indian dialects as well as stories from Puranas.

Tulsidas himself never writes Ramcharitmanas as being a retelling of Valmiki Ramayana. He calls the epic Ramcharitmanas as the story of Rama, that was stored in the mind (Mānasa) of Shiva before he narrated the same to His wife Parvati. Tulsidas claims to have received the story through his guru, Narharidas. Tulsidas was a naive (Acheta) child and the story was stored in his mind (Mānasa) for long before he wrote it down as Ramcharitmanas.

Most importantly, Valmiki Maharshi wouldn't mind it.


################



#########################



########################








No comments:

Post a Comment