Friday 27 September 2019

DTR CRSS

My 18 year old son is struggling with his self worth. He has made some mistakes and is having a hard time moving past them. The judgement of others weighs heavy on his heart. I try to be there for him to give him stability and guidance, but most of the time he resists. How do I help him to move forward? How do I help him to think of the solution and not the problem. How do I show him that his life matters and that we all learn from our mistakes; that our mistakes do not define us, but that we must learn from them? How do I help him face his fears?
Comments
  • Don Wesemann You say he is resisting your help. Let it go. The more you try to help the more he will resist. Treat him as an adult and let him find his own way. We all hurt when our children are hurting. If he is resisting your help he is either saying "Stop helping me. I need to move forward on my own." or he is saying "I need to show you, by failing to cope, how helpless I am and that I will always need your help." Either way you need to leave him alone. (This is an opinion based on inadequate information, and does not mince words in order to take care of you. Get some support for your self. Not advice - support.)

No comments:

Post a Comment