Tuesday 7 May 2024

We're all hallucinating all the time, even right now. It's just that when we agree about our hallucinations, we call that reality" - Anil Seth

 A

We're all hallucinating all the time, even right now. It's just that when we agree about our hallucinations, we call that reality" - Anil Seth

A

When we agree about our hallucination, we call that reality..".

A

"What we call reality is, in fact, nothing more than a culturally sanctioned and linguistically reinforced hallucination." - Terence McKenna

A

because when I had surgery and I got put under, I remember my eyes getting heavy and I fell asleep and right as my eyes closed, they opened back up again. That's how it felt to me. I woke up in the recovery room after surgery and it felt like I had fallen asleep and woke up again immediately like when you're in class and tired and catch yourself drifting. It'd actually even several hours

A

GALILEO > COPERNICUS> DARWIN

A

PART OF NOT PART FROM NATR

A

We predicted ourselves to reality"

A

DTH, END OF CONSC - There's nothing to be afraid of. Nothing at all"

A

We dont just passively perceive the world, we actively generate it"

A

With a greater sense of understanding comes a greater sense of wonder and a greater realisation that we are a part of and not a part from nature"

A

“all you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be”- pink floyd

A

"We're all hallucinating all the time, including right now. It's just that when we agree about our hallucinations, we call that reality. "

A

B

When I juxtapose what the Anil is saying with the fundamental nature of mind according to the Shakyamuni Buddha (the first Buddha) they match perfectly. In the eastern philosophical traditions the idea that our mind creates reality and that our perception of reality is limited is well understood.

A

No matter what the explanation for everything we experience is, the fact that there is anything at all to experience is a most humbling and fascinating thing. It would be wise to remember that whether you are an anti-realist philosopher, or a religious zealot, neither of you actually KNOW the truth

A

Your mind, if you have one, is not in your head. Instead, your head is in your mind." Alan Watts

A

"you don't have to be smart to suffer, but you probably do need to be alive." Really says much about how we treat other living being that aren't of our own species.

A

Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man." - Zhuangzi -

A

"We predict ourselves into existence."

A

I'm not schizophrenic I'm just bad at hallucinating.

A

We are what we think. All that we are arises in our thoughts, and with our thoughts we make the world." -- Dhammapada

A





No comments:

Post a Comment