Thursday, 11 December 2025

OM SRI LXMI

 A

Here is the meaning, breakdown, and mantric essence of:

OM ŚRĪ LAKṢMĪ SAHODARĀYAI NAMO


✅ Literal Meaning

“Salutations to the divine Sister of Lakshmi.”


✅ Word-by-Word Breakdown

  • OM – the primordial vibration; invocation of the sacred.

  • ŚRĪ – auspiciousness, radiance, prosperity.

  • LAKṢMĪ – goddess of abundance, beauty, harmony, sustenance.

  • SAHODARĀYAI

    • sahodara = sibling (usually “born of the same womb”),

    • -āyai = dative feminine ending (to/unto).
      → “to the (divine) sister of Lakshmi.”

  • NAMO / NAMAḤ – “I bow,” “I offer homage.”


✅ Who is Lakshmi’s Sahodarī (Sister)?

In different traditions, this can refer to:

  • Alakshmi (Jyesthā) – the elder sister, representing misfortune or hardship that precedes true prosperity.

  • Bhūdevī – Earth goddess, sometimes considered Lakshmi’s sister-aspect.

  • Nila / Nila Devi – in some Vaishnava traditions.

  • A symbolic Śakti aspect of Lakshmi herself (duality within unity).

Which one is invoked depends on the lineage using this mantra.

If you want, I can clarify the specific deity based on your tradition.


✅ Essence of the Mantra

This mantra can be used to:

  • honor the dual aspects of prosperity, both inner and outer;

  • acknowledge the shadow/sister aspect before inviting abundance;

  • balance Lakshmi’s sweetness with her sibling’s grounding, karmic, or truth-revealing qualities;

  • bring harmony to family, relationships, and household energy.


✅ Short Devotional Translation

“I bow to the sacred sister of Lakshmi, the one who completes her, balances her, and walks with her.”


If you’d like, I can also give you:

✨ a poetic translation
✨ a full puja-style invocation
✨ the tantric significance of Lakshmi and her sister
✨ how this mantra is used in different lineages

Just tell me which direction you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment